The following information is for all students; bus/van riders, walkers and student drivers. We ask that parents and students frequently and carefully review this together. Please call Mandi Johnson, Transportation Coordinator 664-4677, ext. 1223, if you have questions, or concerns.
- Video and audio monitoring will occur on the buses and may be used in disciplinary actions.
- Bus riders will be permitted a maximum of two stop locations; home and/or childcare, custody arrangements.
- Students will not be permitted to ride home on the bus with another student. Emergency situation will be handled on a case by case basis.
- Be on time at the designated stop, at least 5 minutes prior to the bus arrival.
- Stay well off the road while waiting for the bus/be considerate of private property.
- As the bus arrives, WAIT until the bus comes to a complete stop, the red lights are flashing, and the bus driver signals you to board the bus.
- If crossing the road to board the bus, always watch for traffic. Stay alert, DO NOT USE headphones, or cell phones when crossing. Cross at least 12 feet in front of the bus, look for cars and cross only with the bus has the red lights on.
ON THE BUS
- Upon entering the bus, go directly to your assigned seat and remain seated and facing forward throughout the route
- Speak in a normal tone of voice, and use proper language at all times.
- Always listen and follow the driver’s instructions.
LEAVING THE BUS
- Students may not leave the bus at any stop other than the one assigned.
- When exiting the bus, BE ALERT. Look for traffic, go directly to your stop and never walk back towards the bus.
- When crossing the road, cross 12 feet in front of the bus; move promptly to the safety of your stop, never cross behind the bus. Always be aware of the traffic.
- Students should walk a straight route to and from school.
- If crossing guards are provided, students should listen to their directions and respect them.
- Walkers must use sidewalks where provided. If no sidewalks are provided, always walk facing the traffic along the edge of the road.
- Walkers should show respect for all property owners.
- The students must have a student driver permission form completed and returned to the office, and display parking decal where stated.
- All students are to park in designated parking spaces only and not block fire lanes.
- Students should drive cautiously at all times, also when in the school parking lot.
- Learn and obey the Pennsylvania school bus laws: The 8-way light system is used to protect school children.
The yellow flashing lights identify the vehicle as a school bus and warn drivers that the bus is about to stop to load/unload school children; BE PREPARED TO STOP.
The Red flashing lights and extended stop arms indicate that the bus has stopped and students are getting on/off. Motorists must stop their vehicle and wait until the red lights stop flashing, the extended stop sign is withdrawn, and the bus begins to move before the other vehicles may proceed. In no event should a driver of a vehicle resume motion until the school children who have left the school bus have reached a place of safety.